Want to be a Contributor?

WANT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR TO GOURMET DIY SHANGHAI?
Send an email to Heather at gourmetdiyshanghai@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to be a coauthor.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cake Pan Coating

This pan coating is a great little baking tip. It works so much better than just regular cooking spray for coating cake pans. The cakes come out so well, and when I use it, I've never had trouble with part of the cake still being stuck in the pan. It is especially great for pans that have lots of texture like a bundt pan, a character pan or like this giant cupcake pan I have.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup (80 ml) shortening
1/4 cup (80 ml) oil (I always use 100% corn oil here in China- it imports the least amount of flavor. I've found that a lot of the blended oils contain sunflower seed oil which I do not like. It gives the bread a certain taste, almost peanuty and I do not care for the taste in the majority of things I bake)
1/4 cup(30g) flour

Directions:
Mix all ingredients until smooth. Use your fingers or a paper towel to smooth coating over the entire surface of your cake pan. Fill as normal. When cakes are fully baked, let them cool for 5-10 minutes then remove from pans.(Letting the cakes rest will help them firm up slightly; but make sure to take them out before they start to sweat or else the cakes may stick to the pan.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Suggestions? Alterations?