Want to be a Contributor?

WANT TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR TO GOURMET DIY SHANGHAI?
Send an email to Heather at gourmetdiyshanghai@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to be a coauthor.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Strips

The original recipe for this was actually Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast. I used to make it quite a bit when I was first married and trying to impress my darling husband with my "skills" in the kitchen. It looked fancy when paired with pasta and salad and tasted divine. Now that I've got 3 munchkins running around- I've adapted it to be more kid-friendly as a finger food.

(For the bread crumbs in this recipe I use left over pieces of baguettes. I cut them up into small pieces and let them get stale by just leaving them in an uncovered container for a day or two. Then right before I want to use them I either crush them in a ziploc bag or pulse them in the blender)

Ingredients
2 chicken breast cut into strips
2 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese(I use the powdered kind-smuggled over in my suitcase, but you can find it at City Shop)
1 1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
oil

Cut up chicken into strips. In a bowl beat eggs together with lemon juice and cornstarch. In a separate bowl mix bread crumbs with cheese, salt and pepper.

Dip strips into egg mixture. Turn to coat. Then dip strips into bread crumbs. Let rest on a plate for 5-10 minutes to allow crumbs to set.
Fry in batches in hot oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.

Using tongs, turn strips over and cook on other side for about 3 minutes.
Drain on paper towels.

Place on a baking sheet in oven on a low setting to keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Suggestions? Alterations?